Cable modems provide your home with a strong, secure, and incredibly fast internet connection. Although many Internet Service Providers can provide them to you, they usually charge a monthly fee for you to borrow it. This year, there are so many different cable modems to choose from – see some of the best for 2013 that I’ve listed below.
Motorola SurfBoard SB6141
- The most recently release cable modem of 2013, the Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 is the best one available.
- Achieve outstanding download speeds of up to 343 Mbps and upload speeds up to 131 Mbps.
- Uses the latest DOCSIS 3.0 Technology, but is still compatible with older technologies like 2.0 and 1.x.
- Achieve 4 upstream channels and up to 8 downstream channels with integrated Channel Bonding.
- Sleek design with easy to read LED’s and a color coded back panel for easy installation.
- Gigabit port used to connect it directly into your computer or router.
- USB port for an optional USB connection.
- Compatible with just about every kind of system including Windows, Mac, and UNIX.
- Achieve incredibly fast speeds up to 160 Mbps down, and 120 Mbps up with the Motorola SB6121 Cable Modem.
- Front panel with several LED’s let you know what the status is with your connection. This is perfect for troubleshooting if you have any network issues or interruptions.
- Uses DOCSIS 3.0 technology to deliver channel bonding with 4 upstream and 4 downstream channels for stellar performance over your standard cable modem.
- Easy, plug and play installation – however you may have to register the serial number with your ISP (depending on your provider and/or location).
- Takes up a very small footprint that naturally saves space in your home or office.
- Compatible with UNIX, Mac, and Windows for universal use.
Motorola SURFboard Gateway SBG6580
- The Motorola SURFboard Gateway SBG6580 is fully capable of reaching speeds of up to 300 Mbps.
- Uses DOCSIS 3.0 technology to achieve 8 times faster speeds than your standard DOCSIS 2.0 cable modem.
- Built in firewall keeps your connection safe and away from hackers.
- Very easy to install and upgrade from your current modem thanks to the easy to follow setup installation CD that it comes with.
- Backed by a 1 year limited warranty.
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, and UNIX systems.
- Pair with a wireless network router to easily send a WiFi signal throughout your home.